Skip to main content

Five labourers injured after unknown attackers hurl hand grenade in Dalbandin

QUETTA: Five labourers were injured in a grenade attack in the Dalbandin area of Chagai district late on Monday night, police said.

According to police officials, unidentified assailants on motorcycles threw a hand grenade at a house, which exploded in the backyard and injured five labourers.

“The injured individuals are from Punjab who were working on a daily wage,” police officials said.

Security forces rushed to the site shortly after the incident and shifted the injured to Prince Fahad Hospital.

Police added that the windowpanes of the affected house and nearby homes were also damaged.

An investigation has been launched, and no group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.

On Feb 16, two people were injured when unidentified individuals threw a hand grenade at a milk shop situated on Khuda-i-Dad Road in Quetta.

Last year, an eight-year-old child was killed and five other members of a family, including two women, were injured when a grenade exploded inside a house in the Wadh area of Balochistan’s Khuzdar district.

Police said two families from Sindh’s Kashmore district were in the house when unidentified assailants hurled a hand grenade into the courtyard. It exploded, killing the child on the spot.

Pakistan has witnessed an uptick in terror activities, especially in KP and Balochistan.

With an almost 34pc surge in overall violence, 2025 was recorded as the most violent year for Pakistan in a decade, a report from the Islamabad-based Centre for Research and Security Studies (CRSS) think tank stated.



from Dawn - Home https://ift.tt/eWHA6iu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ministers rubbish notion that proposed retirement age extension to favour ‘one particular institution’

Information Minister Attaullah Tarar on Tuesday rubbished the notion that a proposed extension in the retirement age was to favour “one particular institution”, adding that the move would be implemented across the board if approved. The rebuttal comes in the wake of media reports claiming that the government was mulling changes to the Constitution to fix the tenure of the chief justice . Currently, judges of the Supreme Court, including the chief justice, retire after attaining the age of superannuation, i.e. 65 years, as stipulated in Article 179 of the Constitution. While giving his opinion recently on the reports of the constitutional amendment, Law Minister Azam Nazeer Tarar had said he “will not vehemently turn down the proposals related to the tenure of the chief justice”. Addressing the issue during a press conference in Islamabad today along since Finance Minister Muhammad Aurangzeb and the law minister, Attaullah said the extension in the retirement age was “a proposal to a...

Explainer: Iran’s economy faces rocky road amid rising prices, falling currency

Iran’s economy is going through one of its most difficult periods in years, fueled by sanctions, high inflation, and a significant drop in the value of the national currency, the rial. These pressures have had a direct impact on living standards and have also fueled recent protests. The protests began on Dec. 28 in commercial hubs in the capital Tehran, when shopkeepers, merchants, and small business owners staged strikes and demonstrations to protest soaring inflation, the collapsing rial, and deteriorating economic conditions, and have since grown into nationwide anti-government expressions of discontent involving workers, students, and others across multiple cities. The Iranian president said Sunday that his government is determined to address Iran’s economic problems amid the protests. Masoud Pezeshkian said the government admits to “shortcomings and problems” and is working hard to alleviate the people’s concerns, especially on the economy. Currency collapse at the centre of c...

Mitchell Starc surpasses Wasim Akram as most prolific left-arm pacer in Test history

Australian veteran Mitchell Starc became the most prolific left-arm paceman in Test history on Thursday, surpassing Pakistan great Wasim Akram. The 35-year-old bagged England’s Harry Brook at the Gabba in Brisbane on day one of the day-night second Ashes Test for his 415th wicket since his debut at the same ground 14 years ago. It moved him past Wasim, widely recognised as the greatest left-arm bowler the sport has seen. Wasim played 104 Tests for his 414 wickets with Starc reaching the milestone in his 102nd, helped by a career-best 7-58 in the first innings of the opening Ashes Test at Perth. Starc is now 16th on the all-time wicket-taker list and could move above both India’s Harbhajan Singh (417) and South Africa’s Shaun Pollock (421) in the current pink-ball Test. After that he will have New Zealand’s Richard Hadlee (431) in his sights. from Dawn - Home https://ift.tt/xclHiX2